The first day of school is August 19 and many students will be walking or biking to school.
As the Cincinnati Public Schools kicks off the 2019-2020 school year, Superintendent Laura Mitchell is encouraging parents to talk to their child about pedestrian safety. Your child’s safety is the district’s top priority.
Here are a few tips to discuss with your child:
- Before students cross the street, remind them to stop and look left, right and left again for oncoming cars;
- Remind them to make eye contact with drivers before crossing and always cross streets at crosswalks or intersections;
- Students should stay alert and avoid distracted walking;
- At the bus stop, students should stand six feet, or three giant steps, away from the curb;
- And for those who drive, stay alert and avoid distracted driving.